Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Britain's Mo Farah breaks 2 mile record in Birmingham

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Britain's Mo Farah breaks 2 mile record in Birmingham

Mo Farah of Britain broke the 2 mile world record with a time of 8m 03.4s at an indoor track in Birmingham on Saturday 21st Feb 2015. The previous record of 8m 04.34 was set by Kenenisa Bekele.

This was the first world record for the double Olympic champion. In a post race interview with BBC Sport, Farah said...."This means a lot to me. I love representing my country, giving something back to all the people. Unbelievable. Definitely, it's about setting myself a goal and knowing what I want out of the year. It's two different things going for a world record or going for a championship. I shouldn't get carried away, it's only two miles indoors, but at the same time it would be nice to be able to do what I can do for 10k, if I can go close or break it."

Earlier in the week, there was a public row conducted on Twitter between Farah and Great Britain team-mate Andy Vernon. After the race, Vernon tweeted.... "Everything aside that was a cracking run @Mo-Farah. Congratulations on the new WR."

No comments: