Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Results of the Bay Run Half-Marathon & 10k...Sun 4th May 2014

Sunday, May 04, 2014

Results of the Bay Run Half-Marathon & 10k...Sun 4th May 2014

The Bay Run Half-Marathon & 10k was held in Bantry, West Cork on Sunday the 4th of May. The Half-Marathon attracted a field of 331 runners of which 43.8% were women. In the 10k, there were 241 taking part and an amazing 73% were women.

Half-Marathon...
1    Alan O'Shea 1:13:04 Senior Male
2    Eugene MCCARTHY 1:19:07 Ages 45-54 Male
3    Dermot RYAN 1:20:34 Ages 35-44 Male 
4    Mark CRONIN 1:23:01 Senior  (2)     Male
5    Michael BYRNE 1:23:06 Senior  (3)     Male
6    Nollaigh HUNTER 1:24:08 Ages 35-44 Female
34    Charlene WILEY 1:36:15 Senior Female
51    Noreen CROWLEY 1:39:10 Senior Female
52    Brigid HARTNETT 1:39:30 Ages 35-44 Female
53    Evelyn MULLINS 1:39:32 Ages 45-54 Female


10k results...
1    Denis Coughlen 35:34     Senior Male
2    Cillian Mchugh 41:05     Senior Male 
3    Niall HAYDEN 41:22     Senior Male 
4    Annemarie POWER 42:18     Ages 35-44 Female
11    Siobhan O CALLAGHAN 46:44     Ages 35-44 Female 
13    Lauren NOLAN 46:59     Senior Female


The full results can be seen HERE

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,
My time isn't in the results published, I came in just over 2 hrs for the half marathon. I crossed the line on my own heard a beeb, so I presume the chip worked. How can I rectify this.

Anonymous said...

Nice challenging course with an extra particularly steep up and down added in this year.

Personally I preferred the finishing section used in previous years. I wonder did anyone else find it was on long side of 13.1

Anonymous said...

There was a car race on ??? A refuelling spot in ballylicky ?.
Fumes and noise was terrible for that portion of the course ....... Also dangerous .,

Anonymous said...

A car rally passed by and the fumes were terrible, dangerous too as they didn't really look like they gave a s@@t as they over took the runners.

Anonymous said...

my garmin logged that race as 13.26. I thought the last mile was not a good route to bring runners along.Also not a good idea to have the car racing on the same day. I would have liked to have got a T shirt, does any one know what was the storey with the BAY RUN TSHIRTs ??

Anonymous said...

Did the Bay Run '14 for my 4th year in a row. I personally preferred the previous route. I found the hill on the final mile challenging!
It was a pity about the rally fumes and noise alright.
As regards the t-shirts, they were available for collection with the goodie bags on Saturday, I thought this was a good idea, it ensured that everyone got the t-shirt size they ordered

Anonymous said...

I ran the Half Marathon and my mother did the 10k and there are no chip times for either of us. Does anyone know who I can contact about this.?Very Disappointing not to have chip time.

Anonymous said...

First time doing the famous "bay run" as a mixed (10kers &half marathomers) group of 30.
Coinciding with the road rally was not a good idea - the fumes were the cause of our 1st stomach churn.
The roads not being open was the cause of our 2nd stomach churn in particular when a fish supplies lorry passed at a v slow rate - not good, smell uck!!!!
Hill at run for home was a killer but all jokes aside we wouldnt have minded it if the surface of said boreen/hill was deemed safe for purpose - which it was not.
Several half marathon finishers finished and were told "well done but the waters all gone" ...... Seriously after running 13+miles a btl of water would have been appreciated.
Few small tweeks and a great event will be had next year Well done to all the organisers on a job well done this year!

Anonymous said...

My Garmin said 13.25. So basically runners ran for around an extra minute than needed. Disappointing!

Anonymous said...

I tracked the run also and had 13.46miles for the half. I enjoyed the run and would do it again but for anyone who was watching their time it was very dissapointing the run was longer than it should have been.

Anonymous said...

The 1st mile marker was wrong and the last mile had to have been long as the 200m to go sign was after the 13 mile mark.the old finish was better and there was a better atmosphere at the finish in previous years

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the half on Sunday,weather was perfect for it. The rally car's while not ideal, didn't really bother me. The finish could be abit better like an earlier person said.
I think that the cloud cover and tree cover especially in the first two miles could be the reason for our gps device's been out. It was very well supported from Glengarriff to Bantry, plenty of water throughout except at the finish!!
Looking forward to next year's already.
Donal