Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Cork Runner looking for sponsorship for cancer charities...

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cork Runner looking for sponsorship for cancer charities...

John Quigley, who is the chairman of Eagle AC, a local club in Cork, is running in the Dublin City Marathon next Monday and hopes to raise funds for two cancer charities. You might consider making a donation to these fine causes...

John Quigley.........."As some of you may be aware, I am a Cancer Survivor, having had a Radical Prostatectomy for Prostate Cancer. That was in May 2008. I'm running the Dublin City Marathon again next Monday. This will be my third Marathon since then and I will again be running Dublinwith my "Cancer Survivor" strip on my singlet.
 

I have opened two charity pages which are in aid of the Irish Cancer Society and Cork ARC. 

My Irish Cancer Society fundraising page


My Cork ARC fundraising page

Cork ARC Cancer Support House is a voluntary organisation and registered charity located at O’Donovan Rossa Road, Cork. ARC standing for Aftercare, Research, Counselling was established to provide a holistic centre in which people with cancer and their families can find emotional support and practical help. Our aim is to provide therapies that complement the medical model, so as to make a difference to the lives of those affected by cancer. All Services are provided free of charge and supported through fundraising initiatives.

Both of these charities provide wonderful services, help and assistance to those facing Cancer.

I found them both badly needed and wonderful when I required most help, and now, in turn, do what I can to help them.  I am a mentor for Prostate Cancer, through the Irish Cancer Society FREEFONE Helpline  1800 200 700.


One of my main aims is to demonstrate that there can be life after a Cancer diagnosis, and to provide inspiration and hope to those faced with Cancer in their daily life. Cancer diagnosis is a traumatic event for everyone, patient and those who care for them. Some of us get a second chance - this is my way of saying thanks!

Any donation no matter how small is hugely appreciated. Many thanks in advance for your support........John Quigley


PS both pages will remain open for donations until Nov 29th.

1 comment:

John Quigley said...

Thanks John. It's great to get the coverage!

Probably every single person who reads this knows at least one person, a family member, relation or friend who has or is facing Cancer.

According to the Irish Cancer Society, some 30,000 people in Ireland will be diagnosed with Cancer this year. That's the population of a pretty big town!

If you are worried about Cancer you can ring teh Irish Cancer Society FREEFONE helpline on 1800-200 700