Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland

Friday, October 24, 2008

Final post for the Dublin City Marathon.....
The is the final post before the Dublin Marathon. I'll update the weather forecast below as close to the day as I can.

Good luck to everyone making the trip to Dublin. I know there is is a big group from Cork going but this blog gets visits from all over Munster and Ireland and I'm sure there are people travelling from every corner of the country. I guess we all have certain target times in mind but the main thing is to just finish the Marathon. You'll see I have a quote at the bottom of this page from the great
Emil Zatopek who said... "If you want to win something, run the 100 metres. If you want to experience something, run a marathon."

It really is the ultimate distance regardless of what time you do...

This is a video I found some time back of John Stephen Akhwari in Mexico, 1968.

No comments: