Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: One of the top female high jumpers in the world in Carlow for treatment

Saturday, October 19, 2013

One of the top female high jumpers in the world in Carlow for treatment

Every so often in the world of athletics news, something of Irish interest pops up. One such item was released by the IAAF today when they mentioned that one of the worlds top female athletes Blanka Vlasic from Croatia was in Co.Carlow of all places for treatment for an achilles injury. As the article says........" the journey back to the being one of the best exponents of her art has begun in the most peculiar of places. Carlow:  a small, sleepy town in south east Ireland."

Blanka Vlasic was the World Indoor high jump champion in 2008 and 2010 and was voted World Athlete of the Year in 2010.

The following is an extract from the article....“I’m really happy,” Vlasic says of her current progress, which is being overseen by Irish physical therapist Anthony Geoghegan at his clinic in Carlow. “At this point everything looks good. I’m on the right track,” she added, looking ahead to next year’s Championships, which take place in the Polish city of Sopot from 7-9 March. I don’t want to rush it,” she said. “Once I come back, I want to be 100 per cent; not only 100 per cent healthy but also with good results. My subjective feeling will tell me what to do, when I’m ready.”

The full article can be seen HERE

Interview......Irish sports commentator Will Downing caught up with Blanka Vlasic and the 15 minute interview can be heard below...

No comments: