Friday, March 01, 2013
Final post for the Ballycotton 10...
1) Again a reminder........you SHOULD NOT transfer your number to any other runner if you are not running!
2) Don't forget your race number....stick it on the front of your singlet / t-shirt the night before. Remember, the timing chip is built into it.
3) Get there early! Get to the car parks by 11:30am and to the start by 1:15pm. Traffic is restricted a long way away from Ballycotton and you'll be directed to an outlying car park if you are late. Avoid disappointment...be early.
4) Some people have been asking about the water stations. It's usually in cups, not bottles. This cuts down on the amount of waste that needs to be collected afterwards. The water stations are located at 3 and 7 miles.
5) Ballycotton T-shirts and clothing....
6) Weather Forecast......It looks as if it will be mainly dry and overcast with a temp of about 7 deg. There will be a breeze coming in across Ballycotton Bay from the south-east. It may feel a bit raw where exposed. I don't think you'll be passing out with the heat at any stage so consider that extra layer on top.
......and finally here is a video clip from someone who ran the 2009 race to give you a flavour of the big day
Posted by John Desmond at Friday, March 01, 2013