Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Physical Therapist based in Cork City, Clonakilty and Skibbereen

Monday, February 04, 2013

Physical Therapist based in Cork City, Clonakilty and Skibbereen


My name is Meadbh O'Leary and since qualifying as a physical therapist in 2010, I have worked and gained invaluable experience in some of the busiest physical therapy clinics in the country. I have also worked with a number of GAA teams, worked at several marathons and triathlons, and have treated many runners during this time. I currently work in Cork and Skibbereen and hope to also have a base in Clonakilty set up in the coming weeks.

I have had great experience and success in treating some of the most common injuries experienced by long and short distance runners, i.e. Runner's knee, Chondromalacia Patella, Tendinitis, Shin Splints, Muscle Strains, Plantar Fasciitis, IT band syndrome, etc.

The treatments I offer include:
-    Physical Therapy
-    Manipulative Therapy
-    Dry Needling / Biomedical Acupuncture
-    Sports Injury Therapy
-    Primal Reflex Release Technique
-    Sports Massage
-    Deep tissue Massage
-    STOTT Pilates – to improve posture, strengthen and stabilize the core, and rehabilitate injuries

As a therapist, I also treat the following conditions among others….
-    Chronic and acute pain
-    Neck, shoulder, elbow and wrist pain
-    Lower Back pain, pelvic dysfunction and sacral pain
-    Sciatica
-    TMJ and facial bone pain
-    Disc prolapse
-    Hip, knee, ankle, heel and foot pain
-    Arthritis
-    Nerve pain
-    Whiplash
-    Headaches
-    Sinus Problems
-    Post-operative Rehabilitation
-    Old or Unresolved Injuries

VHI, Aviva, Laya, GloHealth Approved. Fully insured, and a registered member of the Irish Institute of Physical Therapies (I.I.P.T.)

For more information or to book an appointment, please call me on 0863471014 or e-mail me at meadbho@gmail.com

No comments: