Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland

Friday, February 05, 2010

The FINAL Ballycotton '10' list is out!!...
The final list of successful entrants for the 2010 Ballycotton 10 Mile Road Race is now available.

The alphabetical list is HERE

The list in numerical order is HERE

It would seem as if there are 3340 entrants. That's about the same as last year. Considering that club runners had a full 2 week window to get their entries in, does that suggest that the huge growth in numbers attending road races has not resulted in lots of new members for the various athletic clubs??? Are most people quite content to do their own thing without joining any club?

Comments...???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I joined a club for company and encouragement and I know I would not have continued to run if I were training on my own!

Unknown said...

Yes John. I started going to road races last year and prefer training to a timetable that suits me without being a member of a club. I run with friends and work mates whenever it suits us. Don't want the pressure of comitting to a club. Great blog by the way! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Joining a club definitely makes it easier and faster.