Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Races this weekend and a new website!!!
For those of you who are regular visitors to this website, you'll have noticed that I have been expanding the content of the site over time. I have recently started to mention some of the races outside of Cork with some maps for the following reasons...
a) I know that a certain small percentage of Cork based runners might be interested in doing races in adjoining counties.
b) While the majority of visitors to this website are from Cork, it also gets quite a number of visitors from others counties as well.
c) I have received several e-mails from people outside of Cork asking for details of races in their areas.

However, I know that the majority of visitors are mainly interested in Cork events. It is after all called the Running in Cork Blog!! The question is how do I find the correct balance? I was reluctant to put up too much non-Cork related material.

My solution....start another website!! So, I have put together another blog and naturally enough, I have called it the 'Running in Munster' blog. It's not my intention to go into the same level of detail there as I do with the Cork blog but I hope to put up some brief information about the races in Kerry, Limerick, Clare, Tipperary and Waterford on that site. So, in future for races outside of Cork, I'll give a brief mention on the Running in Cork site and then link to the main content which will be up on the 'Running in Munster' site.

The new website is at....http://munsterrunning.blogspot.com/

Races this weeekend...There are 2 races of offer on Friday, the 14th of June. One is a 6 mile race in the Gaeltacht area of Ring, just South of Dungarvan in West Waterford. The other one is a 7 km race in Thurles in Tipperary. Both races start at 8pm.

Comments...

"Hi John, this is great news for me personally as I have run a few races outside of Cork. It is much appreciated that you have decided to start this new blog and I'm sure others will start to head to races around Munster because they will have more info on them. Good luck with this new venture. I'm heading to Ring tomorrow night and I'll give you a bit of info on it Saturday......John Dunphy, Rising Sun AC"
"Great idea, it's often very hard to find out about these races. I'm living in Co. Limerick and travel to all the races in Cork. It's just as easy for me to travel to Tipperary and Waterford. This might even result in more races cropping up. I know the mountain running races need more promotion maybe they could be included as well. It's annoying to miss out on a race just because you didn't know about it. Keep up the good work.....Anonymous"

"Congrats and well done on the Munster Blogspot! Great to see someone putting so much back into the sport!Take a (big) bow!............John Quigley"

"Thanks Mr. Quigley, good to see you are back in action ;o) ........John Desmond"

3 comments:

John Dunphy said...

Hi john,this is great news for me personally as i have run a few races outside of cork,it is much apreciated that you have decided to start this new blog and im sure others will start to head to races around munster because they will have more info on them,good luck with this new adventure,im heading to Ring tomorrow night ill give you a bit of info on it saturday.

John Dunphy
Rising Sun Ac

Anonymous said...

Great idea, its often very hard to find out about these races. I'm living in Co. Limerick and travel to all the races in Cork. Its just as easy for me to travel to Tipperary and Waterford. This might even result in more races cropping up. I know the mountain running races need more promotion maybe they could be included as well. Its annoying to miss out on a race just because you didn't know about it. Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

Congrats and well done on the Munster Blogspot! Great to see someone putting so much back into the sport!
Take a (big) bow!